A SLICE OF FRIGHT FILM FESTIVAL 2019
A showcase of short horror films!
This 2nd annual film festival promises to be even better than last year!
We're planning to showcase over 20 short films from around the world, as well as premiering the short horror film, BLOOD ON THE LENS, and official award ceremony, AND MORE!
A Slice of Fright Fest proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway, the world's #1 submission platform. FilmFreeway offers free HD screeners, unlimited video storage, filmmaker profiles, and more.
SEE PREVIOUS YEARS' EVENTS BELOW
Sat Oct 13, 2018 at the State Theatre in Bay City, MI
The Slice of Fright Fest will take place on Oct 13, 2018. All winning films, and all runners up will be showcased at this event!
The top 13 film entries will be featured at the first annual Slice of Fright Festival in MI on Oct 13th, and will receive a written review on CinemaSlice.com. The top 3 script entries will also be reviewed on CinemaSlice.com.
- Best Use of Blood - Film Award
- Twisted Ending - Film Award
- Creepy Creature - Film Award
- #1 winner will be featured in the short horror anthology series, A Slice of Fright!
- Most Terrifying - Screenplay Award
- Most Clever Kill Scene - Screenplay Award
- #1 Winner will have their film produced as part of A Slice of Fright Short Horror Anthology Series.
Custom trophies and printed awards will also be presented to selected filmmakers.
A Slice of Fright Film Festival will be awarding 3 films and 2 scripts the esteemed Slice of Fright Fest 2018 laurels, as well as published review articles. In addition to these awards, we will be featuring the number 1 selection as an episode in season2 in the Horror Anthology series, A Slice of Fright. Finally, 1 short script will be selected to be produced into the season finale of A Slice of Fright Season 2.
OFFICIAL SHORT FILM SELECTIONS
1. Acne by Arturo Uspango (FL)
2. Mr Pointy by Dominic Wieneke (SD)
3. Breathe by Rusty Pietrzak (OH)
4. Serial Dating by Steve MacLaren (MI)
5. Nightmare Child by Thomas Moore (TN)
6. Meat Sack by Wages of Cine (GA)
7. The Pit by Jeff Vande Zande (MI)
8. Paralysis by Melissa De Leon (NJ)
9. 6 Years Later by Kamil Wójcik (Poland)
10. Z Dead End by Robert Resto (CO)
11. Play With Me by Ash Hamilton (IL) - Best Blood Selection
12. Am I Scary Now by Jon David Leslie (CA) - Creepiest Creature Selection
13. Compensation by Chu-Yi Chen (Taiwan) - Twist Ending Selection
The Last Cry - by Cynthia Bergen (TX) - Slicer Film Selection
SLICER SUBMITTED CONTENT
SHORT FILMS by CinemaSlice and Friends
1. Angel Watching Over Me by Even Keel Productions (MI)
2. Detroit Exploitation by MCR/Electric Otto (MI)
3. La ROI De La MORT by Jeremy Borden (OH)
4. Doppelganger by Nic White (OH)
5. I’m here by James Pinson (OH)
6. CUT by Jeremy Allen (OH)
7. Splatter Up / ???
OFFICIAL SCRIPT SELECTIONS
- Fever by Matt Anderson (SC) - Slicer Script Selection
- Scarf Face by Hyten Davidson (IL)
- The Meat House by Lawrence Nelson II - Most Terrifying Script Selection
- Window Creep by Robert Herzog
- Obstacle Corpse by Hope Madden - Creative Kill Selection
WORLD PREMIERE OF THE DOCU-THRILLER
The Monster With 21 Faces
By Michael Welborn
Meet the Jury
Our team will review and critique every film submitted using the CinemaSlice Reel Rating System to score each film based on production value, originality, and creepiness.
Published Author and Screen Writer
Published Author and Screen Writer
Bay City, MI
A SLICE OF FRIGHT
FILM FESTIVAL 2018: