In case you don’t know Izaiah Hernandez, allow me to introduce him to you!
Izaiah helped CinemaSlice to document/shoot the SUNSHINE DAYDREAM 2018 festival, and plans on doing it again this year! Izaiah has always been self-motivated, eager to collaborate, and easy to work with! And his great work speaks for itself!
1. Sherlock Holmes- It’s my #1, because I love deduction & reasoning that comes with the territory of a detective. Crime and mystery has always been a favorite of mine and I also love the slow-mo fight scenes that are incorporated by using a ghost camera
2. Saving Private Ryan- The movie the sparked my love for History and showing how deep the roots go for the brotherhood that is our military. D-Day is the most prolific event, IMO, in world history that forever changed the course of the 2nd great war. I have an ultimate appreciation for the sacrifices made by so many young men and this movie helped re- imagine the horror that is war.
3. Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)- The horror movie that started it all. Robert Englund is my favorite horror movie actor that went on to do many installments with the series. But seeing Freddy for the first when I was 7, left an imprint in my mind to this day of what most horror movies today only hope to achieve.
My history with film: From a very young age, I have witnessed my father take pride in how he was able to capture priceless family moments with photography and he inspired me the most. At my old elementary school, I was given the chance to be a camera operator for our weekly ‘News Cast” held on Fridays. It went on for the whole year and forever sparked my love for technology as a whole. I then continued on to middle school where they did the same thing with a weekly show or news cast where i was both a CO and a host. Fast forward a bit and I began to pursue a degree in Communication Arts at Adrian College where I did obtain a Bachelor’s.
My skill set and interests have widened to primarily be the guy “behind the scenes”. I love photography the most, because of what you can capture in any given moment that others may not see, which is great because it just shows how I view the world. Which is through my art. After college, I had the chance to become a wedding videographer for a small business in Michigan Center and have dabbled with freelance and personal projects since then. In 2018, I was then recruited by Nic White of CinemaSlice, to be the videographer of the 1st Annual Sunshine Film & Arts Fest, which is by the far the best experience that I have had with video and I only hope to do this for years to come. As for this years festival, I can’t wait to bring my love for video to the event and evolve my skills to bring a wholesome experience for others to see.
Future goals: I am currently investing in myself to be a streamer and content creator. I love the freedom of using my own ideas without bars and showing off how my mind works. I would love to someday work for a major Network like Comedy Central or even be part of a crew for the next Netflix movie. I am a huge gaming nerd and I want to combine my world and figure out a way to “shake” the streaming industry that is YouTube & Twitch. So many possibilities and it’s impossible to choose a single route for myself, but I will go wherever life takes me.
My top 3 inspirations to date as I mentioned before was in fact my father, mainly for his love of photography. As for a couple more that follow:
1. My Dad
2. Dr. Disrespect- The Doc is a Twitch phenomena and a great top competitor in the online gaming community. His personality or pseudonym is exactly how it sounds…disrespectful. His motto is Violence. Speed. Momentum. And in his own words, the combination of those 3 bring domination. Whenever he goes live, he puts on a show that no one can rival…yet. I recommend to all to look him up on YouTube, if you want to get an idea of what he is like.
3. Logic- World renowned Hip-Hop artist that went beyond my expectations for music. I have listened to everything this man has ever put out and he is a fantastic lyricist, producer, singer, and just overall icon. His music is my drive to achieve something greater and his music was a big part of life going through college.
You always have a place with the ‘Slice, Izaiah! Thank you for all that you do!
SLICE THE PLANET!